.week one.



Tuesday, January 1st, 2019

My sister, niece and I drove out to Quincy to one of my favorite hikes, Ancient Lakes but this was my first time at the north side entrance. It was an beautiful brisk, a temperature that bounced between stinging fingertips and ear lobes and a comfortable cold that kept you alert. The sky was mostly overcast with many tiny attempt from the sun to try and pop out. I get lost out there - in the lava rock canyons and the subtle colors that you slowly become aware to over time like when you walk into a dimly lit room after being out in the full sun and you eyes slowly adjust the darkness becoming shapes and shapes become objects and objects become a place. The flora was the same but it looked different from this side. There was a point where the view opens up to the lakes protected by the lava canyon walls it’s so vast and desolate and  quite and mighty I got lost in it - I get lost in it. No matter how many times I return to this space it feels magical like it’s the first time I’m experiencing it. The story of this place. The people who have walked this place. It feels like home and it feels so distant in the same moment. There are the flora I collected on the walk.

Meditation: I’m so grateful to be here. I’m so grateful to be lost + overwhelmed + held in the wild west. 


Comments