.week seven.







February 10, 2019
Apple Loop Trail
East Wenatchee, WA

The day before was the biggest snow we’ve seen this winter. It seems like every year I forget what it feels like to be blanketed in snow- the brightness, the calm and the silence. Today was bitter cold, 12 degrees - I guess I’ve lost my New England edge of single digit temperatures - but the sun came out and everything seemed so bright and hopeful in the perfect snowscapes. I’m so grateful for these weekly walks. I started on the trail not knowing what perspective I would capture this week and then I saw the perfect shadows of the flora on the snow. Minimal and dramatic and telling a story of the light and it’s form.

There’s a lot of shifting and waiting and transitions and unknowns right now. I was listening to a podcast by Tara Brach. Her words brought a deeper awareness of how I distract/escape from these moments of vulnerability.

meditation (words of Tara Brach): stay when there’s vulnerability - feel what is here. What does it mean to be courageous in this moment?

Comments