.week fourteen.





March 31st, 2019
Saddle rock Trail
Wenatchee, WA

Tomorrow is April. Last April I was moving into an adorable historic building in the Montford neighborhood in Asheville, NC. What a year it has been! These reflections are quickly becoming personal reflections that overlap with time and place. It’s spring here. I went out to this trail 3 days in a row because I haven’t been here for spring in 6 years. I haven’t felt it in a long time. The snow seemed as if it was here forever and then, almost overnight the mountains are dry and green, the silver sagebrush is regenerating itself and the fuzzy green buds of balsamroot are quietly emerging. I think I sighed while walking between the sagebrush. The feeling of home was so deep. I feel so present in this moment and simultaneously ache for so many places. I don’t think there is an english word for it. Maybe it would be close to saudade which in Portuguese means a deep longing or nostalgia. It seems like spring or just this season of life makes me feel it all - a deep peace and a deep gratitude for all of it. As I descended down the foothills I thought I’m right here and I’m grateful to be here. Which means a lot to me, more than I can explain.

Meditation: I am right here and I am grateful to be here.

Comments